Thursday, November 26, 2009

Alesha Mugdha of Kolkata


Last week April and I had the privilege of accepting a referral for a beautiful little girl currently residing in Kolkata, India. With open arms and open hearts we welcome you into our family dear Alesha! Isn't she beautiful? (see April's blog http://www.pfeiffer4.blogspot.com/ ) We've been in the adoption process for nearly two years now. We hope to have our little one home by spring time
.
I've been asked many times, "what made you want to adopt?" and "why India?"

I've always thought that adoption is a beautiful thing. It speaks of God's grace and redemption and love. Until two years ago, I always thought it was a wonderful thing for others to do. I on the other hand, had absolutely no interest in bringing another child into our home.

Then one day (I believe it was November 4, 2007) in an instant, it all changed! April and I were at church and a promo video for the 2008 India missions trip was shown. It touched me deeply. I went home and started reading about the orphan problem in our world. As I did this God put in my heart an OVERWHELMING desire to bring one of these little ones into our home.

We chose India because we are just somehow drawn to that crazy land of chaotic beauty. I take a pretty lax view of the details of adoption. Some people hold strong opinions as to whether one should adopt locally vs. internationally. I would encourage anybody wanting to adopt, to look carefully at ALL options, pray and go where God leads. Personally, I believe that with over one hundred million orphans world wide, the where when and how God leads one to adopt is not of great concern....I just would love to see God's people asking, "What can I do to look after these little ones that are made in His image?"

This Thanksgiving Day, I'm so grateful to be a part of something that God is involved in.

No comments:

Post a Comment